Thursday, October 7, 2010

Butternut Squash & Apples
for baby!
1. Peel and dice apples
2. Cut acorn or butternut squash in half, scoop out seeds
3. Place halves face UP in a pan and add with an inch of water to the pan
4. Place diced apples in the squash "holes" where the seeds were & sprinkle with cinnamon if desired
5. Pour water over the apples so that there is water in the squash holes - cover pan with tinfoil
6. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the “shell/skin” puckers and halves feel soft.

Yummy baked cinnamon apples

Soft squash sticks

I scooped the rest of the squash out of the skin and tossed it in the blender with a touch of water
After blending I put it in an ice cube tray to freeze and later put into zip block baggies. (The process I use for all my homemade baby food.)

MY baby ate the 'baby food' squash well. But wasn't overly thrilled about the apples or squash sticks. I'll give it another try. Why not.. it was so fun and pretty to make!!
That's all for now!

No comments: