Thursday, March 31, 2011

A post about green stuff.

I wish
money grew on trees. 
I've been pretty frugal this past week. I've stayed in pj's all week- think about the money I've saved on laundry! Plus i haven't worn make up in at least 5 days- more savings on future make up purchases! And to top 'er off.. we haven't left the house- savings there on gas, my friend! Ok..ok..The truth is I wasn't planning to be frugal, I was actually sick the past week or so. Feeling much better tonight  super guilty that there wasn't anything in the house to eat, I ventured out to the dreaded store. Err.. The grocery store. I've been couponing. It is lots of work. Up until tonight it hadn't really paid off. But tonight I'm very excited because I saved 40% on my bill and went about $13 under budget. (This is huge for me since I had consistently been going about $20 OVER the weekly budget.) I went to Walgreens but did most of my shopping at Publix. It's amazing the deals you can find when matching a sale with a store and manufacturer's coupon! If I can find the time I can really see this turning into a great way to save my family a good chunk of money. Oh.. and becoming a crazy addiction.

And in the spirit of April Fools Day.. Hehehe.. I played a nasty little trick on my family last night.


 In their pulled bbq chicken sandwiches... I hid pureed peas and lima beans! Shhh... Tony still doesn't know!! Ezra loved veggies until just recently, but at least he's at an age where we can reason with him. Kingsley is just not a huge fan. Does anyone else find themselves being sneaky with their kids in order for them to eat healthy?!

Have a wonderful day and I hope you find yourself brainstorming awesome pranks to pull on your loved ones tomorrow! I'll have to come up with some new material.. I think I've pulled the pregnancy or broken limb one to many times. ;)

1 comment:

Famof5 said...

lol you are so funny Nicole!
I need tips on how to coupon AND how to hide veggies!