Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan

Are you familiar with Cake Boss? Well apparently Cake Boss is also a Kitchen Boss. I did not know! My Aunt has tried a few of his Italian recipes and says they are SO authentic and delicious. They are only 1 or 2 ingredients off from the recipes my Grandma and Great Grandma used to cook! So I took her strong suggestion to try these.. and started last night with the Eggplant Parmesan. Delicious.. and even better the next day! I'll be trying some of his others out soon, and will report back!
Ezra was my helper and did a wonderful job coating the eggplant slices in the flour, egg, and breadcrumb. He is seriously a great help in the kitchen! 
Ok- so the recipe is HERE!

I didn't understand the first step of the preparation.. but it just basically wants you to pull all of the moisture out. So I set my eggplant slices on napkins, but paper towels would be ideal. And changed them a few times as they filled with moisture.. over the coarse of an hour. Other than that there are no tricks.. it just is time consuming because it makes a TON! I didn't follow his recipe for breadcrumbs. I just did a 1/2 and 1/2 combo of my own homemade crumbs (bread blended until they were crumbs, added Italian seasoning and baked until golden) and store bought Italian breadcrumbs. 


Yum-o!