Friday, May 28, 2010



Friday night our church had a worship benefit to help victims of the flood. I had to miss it because our kids were sick. Bummer. Anyway as part of the fund raiser they did a bake sale as well. Yumm.. I knew I could help out with this!! Any excuse to measure, splash, crack, sprinkle, stir, drizzle, smell, taste and present! I would love to be a baker! I seriously want to take a cake decorating class so i can make something amazing like the cake in my previous post. But anyway.. Where was I? Oh.. So once again I made chocolate covered pretzel rods. I must admit it wasn't as much fun this time around making them without Jenna and Ali, but they sure turned out cute. The second thing I made were my famous chocolate chip cookies. I take all the credit but really the recipe comes from a good friend from high schools mom. You should try them for yourself..they are the best chocolate chip cookies i have ever had!!!


To make A.T's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies here's whatcha do:



In a BIG bowl combine-


1 1/2 sticks of butter- melted for 20 seconds

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

1T vanilla

2T milk

1 egg


In another bowl combine-


2 3/4 cup flour

1t baking soda

1t salt


Slowly add the dry mixture to the big bowl until completely mixed. After mixed, fold 1 bag of chocolate chips in. Now this is my FAVORITE part people, the recipe says "Bake at 375 for 8 1/2 minutes." Not quiet sure what that half of a minute does. But it must be crucial because these cookies are abslutely de-lish!!

1 comment:

J Yo said...

YUMMMMMMM!! I'm totally trying these cookies sometime soon...Todd LOVES chocolate chip cookies... :)