Wednesday, July 16, 2008
My baby can sign!
Ever since Ezra was about 6 months old I would occasionally do the asl sign for "more" when he was eating.. well I really picked it back up again a couple of weeks ago, really working on it with him. Two or three days ago he started signing "more" when I was feeding him. So then we showed him the sign for "milk".. and he instantly picked it up, the next day we taught him "food" and again it was instant. It's so nice for us knowing that he can tell us what he wants. I can say "Ezra what do you want" and he'll sign "more milk".. and guzzle it down when he gets it. Signing really does work. I've heard it eliminates a lot of the 'terrible twos' because your baby can communicate their needs to you. I'm excited! There are SO many other signs I can't wait for him to learn. It's awesome!! I'll put a video on here once I get one.. it's the cutest little thing! Oh yeah, and he imitates me doing an elephant now.. arm for a trunk and all. I LOVE that EZRA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment